Access Statement for Old Hall Caravan Park
Old Hall has 264 holiday homes and 38 touring caravan plots and is surrounded by woodland. The touring area is level, some of the holiday home areas are level, some part sloping and some areas are steeper.
• We cater for touring caravans, motor homes and privately owned holiday homes.
• We have email facility.
• Local buses are available in the village of Over Kellet, 2 miles away.
• The nearest train station is in Carnforth which is 3 miles away.
• Taxis are available to hire locally and do come onto the park.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
The park is accessed by a ½ mile drive
• The path from the touring area is over a bridge with handrails and has 2 steps on one side and up a steep hill with uneven surface to reception and launderette.
• The reception and information room is either accessed by 3 steps or an alternative route is level and then access into each is up one step.
• There is 1 car parking space at each touring plot or holiday home; more parking spaces are available on the visitors car park near reception.
• There are 2 security barriers which are accessed by pin number or barrier fob.
• All roads are tarmac with some speed bumps and can be uneven.
• The park has some street lighting
• Reception is accessed up either 3 steps or the alternative route is level and then a step into the room.
• There is a telephone kiosk which has a level access and displays useful telephone numbers such as Dr, vet and taxi.
• Mobile telephone reception varies throughout the site.
• The public unisex toilet is next to the main laundry and is accessed by a step
• The laundry is located between the touring area and reception and can be accessed by 4 steps or a level access. This has front and top loading washing machines and tumble dryers and a height adjustable ironing board.
• There is no shop on site but there is a shop in the village 2 miles away and larger supermarkets in Carnforth
• There is a fenced, children’s play area in the woodland 100 meters from the touring area which has a bark floor surface and a gated access with seating.
• All holiday homes are privately owned and each plot varies depending on its location.
• Touring / motor home plots are all level on gravel or tarmac. Water and waste water points are shared between 2. Pitches are allocated on booking and we are happy to advise on location and suitability for your requirements.
• Apart from the disabled/family room and the single shower room, all doors into the toilet block are accessed by 1 step (chemical toilet, wash-up area, laundry).
• The disabled/family room has a level entry, toilet, hand basin, ‘drive-in shower’, grab rails, lower level hair and hand dryers and a pull down baby changing table.
• Address: Old Hall Caravan Park, Capernwray, Carnforth. Lancashire. LA6 1AD
• Telephone: 01524 733276
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Website: www.oldhallcaravanpark.co.uk
• Grid reference: 532709
• Hours of operation: 9-5 Mon-Fri. 9-4 Sat 1-4 Sun.
• Emergency number: 01524 733276